Rooted is a loving group of young adults that desires to elevate God, equip one another, and evangelize the lost. We meet weekly to challenge one another to learn and live the Word of God. We are Rooted because Ps. 1:3 says “He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season” (NASB). We want to be a thriving group that builds up the Kingdom of God and the Church. I firmly believe that the next leaders, missionaries, givers, and evangelists from BHBC will come from the young adult generation. Here are ways you can serve the mission.
Serve the Mission:
- Elevating God
- Prayer/Worship – Sing on Friday’s and retreats before our study. Praying each week for prayer requests and getting prayers to everyone via email.
- Social Media/Graphics – Create visual aids to assist in provided material and consistency with social media posts (w/ the aim to Glorify God).
- Hospitality – Serving others by providing meals and food for events & following-up on new comers.
- Equipping One another
- Pastoral & Teaching – David will assist any man who is willing to receive training to teach our Friday Bible Study or anyone else who wants to become more equipped for discipleship and woman Bibles studies.
- Discipleship – Have a commitment to being discipled and having disciples.
- Evangelizing the Lost
- In reach – Church fellowship events geared to bringing people into the Church family more.
- Out each – Global & Local Missions. David leads a Door to Door evangelism 1x/ month.
- Events – Creating fun opportunities for Gospel proclamation and in/out reach (invite friends), organize retreat logistics, and social media awareness.
Please feel free to get plugged in today by contacting David at email@example.com
- Commitment: Be On Time, Be Respectful to Leaders, Be Involved, Be Co-Laborers
- Currently: Be assured of the Gospel (Eph. 2:8-9), Not ashamed of the Gospel (Rom. 1:16), Be an ambassador of Christ at School, Work, and Home (2 Cor. 5:20), Be multiplying in godliness (2 Pet. 1:1-11), Confess Sin to God and one another (Ps. 51), Worship God (Rom. 12:1-2), Evangelize (2 Tim. 4:5).
- In the Future: Be committed to Lay or Full-time Ministry, Be involved in a specifice area of the Church that needs your gifting.
Rooted is a great place to grow in relationships and the Word of God. Each week we meet at a nearby home on Friday’s at 7 pm for food and Bible Study. Currently we are going through the Psalm’s. We have food from 7-8 pm and then a mix of conversation, discussion, and teaching from 8-9 pm. The teaching style is done with an iPad, which allows you to follow along as the text is being marked up. This king of teaching is dynamic and provides a clear understanding of the text. Each week the Young Adults are working on the Psalm ahead of time and then given many applications to apply the principles learned each week. The young adult’s also learn how to pray each Psalm so that it becomes a real part of their own life. Please join our amazing young adult group today!
GroupMe: BHBC Young Adults “Elevate, Equip, Evangelize”