THE MISSIONS OF THE YOUTH GROUP
At Bloomfield, we combine our Middle School and High School students into one youth group. Pastor David Lupinetti has set three goals for the students: elevate God, equip the students, and evangelize the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Each event we hold will focus on one of those three core goals of the youth group. We spend our time studying the Bible, having fellowship, working with local ministries on campuses and schools, and meeting each others needs.
Serve the Mission:
- Elevating God
- Prayer/Worship – Songs on Thursdays. Praying each week for prayer requests and getting prayers to everyone via email.
- Social Media/Graphics – creating visual aids to assist in provided material and consistency with social media posts (w/ the aim to Glorify God).
- Hospitality – Serving others by providing meals and food for events & following-up on new comers.
- Equipping One another
- Pastoral & Teaching – David will assist anyone who is willing to receive training in teaching on Thursday’s and Sundays and discipling the youth 1:1.
- Discipleship – Have a commitment to being discipled and having disciples.
- Evangelizing the Lost
- In reach – Church fellowship events geared to bringing people into the Church family more.
- Out each – Global & Local Missions. David leads a Door to Door evangelism 1x/ month.
- Events – Creating fun opportunities for Gospel proclamation and in/out reach (invite friends), organize retreat logistics, and social media awareness.
Please feel free to get plugged in today by contacting David at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BE A PART OF THE VISION
- Commitment: Be On Time, Be Respectful to Leaders, Be Involved, Be Co-Laborers
- Currently: Be assured of the Gospel (Eph. 2:8-9), Not ashamed of the Gospel (Rom. 1:16), Be an ambassador of Christ at School and Home (2 Cor. 5:20), Be multiplying in godliness (2 Pet. 1:1-11), Confess Sin to God and Parents/Leaders (Ps. 51), Worship God (Rom. 12:1-2), Evangelize (2 Tim. 4:5)
- In the Future: Be involved in Campus Ministry, Be involved in Church near College or Work.
Sundays @ 11:15 am
Right after the morning worship service, we meet in the downstairs youth room and eat some donuts. We then dig into the word and teach lessons that can be applied to life. David teaches them through a book of the Bible and gives them points of application and prayer for that week. Overall, the students are equipped because of their on-going application of the Bible as they learn on their own and together.
Thursdays @ 6:30 pm
Thursday nights we dive into food and then the Psalms. Each week we study a new Psalm and how it applies to our lives. Every week we see how the Gospel is relevant to each Psalm. They are given an outline and ways to pray and apply the Psalm that week in school and their homes. The students are given a weekly devotional that has them in the Psalm for next week. It is a wonderful time where they are equipped for their life now and the future.